Coordinació de Viquipedies en llengues en situació singular/en
The purpose of this page is to encourage the growth of Wikipedias in underrepresented languages or whose development is being hindered because of singular circumstances.
- Languages used by fewer speakers that in some cases even have no wikipedia yet.
- Languages used by many speakers but having no reasonable development attending on their population because of sociological or socio-economic circumstances.
- Basically, languages whose circumstances are hindering the development of a Wikipedia: they aren't commonly used at school, their regarded main speakers are bilingual, they haven't cultural or intelectual prestige…
To help develop these Wikipedias, here is an activity schedule which includes:
- To share experiences and best practices.
- To make suitable the strategic plans from Wikimedia Foundation for every particular case of every language.
- Joint activities for mutual support.
"Growth" is understood on three core goals: quality, volume and audience.
Activities schedule for 2010 – 2011[modifica]
- Throughout this year, interested people are being coordinated through these pages from meta.
- A proposal to establish 10 new Wikipedias in the languages in singular circumstances. Finding interested people, making a proposal for the new projects and setting them up in the incubator. 10/01/2011 (10th anniversary of the Wikipedia in English).
- An international convention about developing Wikipedias in languages in singular circumstances. Barcelona, from March 16th to 20th, 2011 (10th anniversary of Wikipedia in Catalan, the first one having articles after the English version). Leaving the incubator, the 10 new Wikipedias are set up.
- Technological tools.
- Social networks.
- Collaboration with other organizations whose goal is free culture.
- Reasons and advantages to explore.
- Wikimania 2011. Monitoring sessions. Analysis of results. Conclusions. New activities for the following year.
The project is multilingual and it may be opened in different languages with no need to translate them in order to ease the widest participation. Aspects about organizational and general interest should be expressed in English.
- --Barcelona 22:15, 10 nov 2010 (CET) especialment en fer créixer les llengües que no tenen posició com el que els tocaria