The Wikimedia movement and cultural institutions share the same goal: maximum dissemination of culture. Several cultural partnerships have been initiated worldwide between Wikimedia and the GLAM sector (galleries, libraries, archives and museums). Cultural institutions can contribute to its richness and diversity of resources and are well compensated with greater visibility, increased visits and dissemination. We have now much to learn from each other finding the common ground: let's do it live!
The GLAM-WIKI meetings want to gather the maximum number of players around the new collaborative cultural practices online, favoring free access to knowledge. The Barcelona meeting is part of a series of initiatives started at Canberra, London and Paris (see http://glamwiki.org for more information).
- Create contacts between Catalan GLAM sector (mostly museums) and Wikipedia community
- Offer an overview of Wikipedia's work and editorial methods
- Present GLAM-Wiki projects initiated worldwide
- Provide local wikipedians with an overview of museum approaches
- Discuss issues and find ways of collaboration
- Keynote: Wikipedia and the cultural sector. The GLAM-WIKI project. - Lyam Wiatt
- Presentation: Wikipedia and museums. Best practices and success stories - Conxa Rodà & Àlex Hinojo
- Conference: Inside Wikipedia. How does it work? - Joan Gomà
- Round table: Intellectual property management. - Ignasi Labastida, Albert Sierra i Sònia López
- Workshops: How to edit Wikipedia? - Volunteers of Amical Viquipèdia